; -->

Friday 9 September 2011

If you look

Currently I am a pre-service teacher and the mother of a two year old girl and four year old boy who has been diagnosed with High Functioning Autism.  I intend this blog to be a portfolio of special needs resources that can be used by both parents and teachers alike.


My son was diagnosed about two years ago, and although we got on to intervention early I have found that there are not enough practical resources.  So, in light of this, I intend for this to be a meeting place of sorts, a support network of links that can help you through the diagnosis tunnel, advocate for your child and better prepare teachers for the classroom.  I don't expect it to be the answer for everyone, but hopefully it can help.


The title of this blog comes from a line in the song Time after time sung by Cyndi Lauper that she co-wrote with Rob Hyman.  I've found that the words have resonated with me and goes in some way to describe my feelings parenting my son and indeed both my children.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I've never thought of "Time After Time" in connection with this autism journey of ours, but you're absolutely right ... it is, indeed, very fitting.

    Glad you stopped by my blog and am very glad to have "met" you. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing an assignment for one of my classes called Diversity in the Inclusive Classroom, where we had to create a portfolio of resources for special needs children. As I was doing this assignment, for whatever reason, I could not get this song out of my head. Thus the creation of a new blog. I began to think what better way than to use this assignment as a springboard. The title for this blog was just inevitable. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete